Vraag Condor 16

Alles over zend(ontvang)ers en toebehoren.
Plaats reactie
Bericht
Auteur
Rene - pg3r
Roepletters: pg3r

Vraag Condor 16

#1 Bericht door Rene - pg3r »

Ik kreeg een vraag van Subhash VU3DNB:

'I have a Condor-16 collected from Belgium. It was working nicely but receiver side is not working. TX is ok. What could be the reason? I really appreciate your help and support.'

Zelf vermoedt hij dat er iets mis is in het middenfrequent. Hebben jullie tips waar hij zou moeten zoeken?

- PD2SKZ -
Roepletters: PD2SKZ
Contacteer:

Re: Vraag Condor 16

#2 Bericht door - PD2SKZ - »

PA3EKI zou ik eens een bericht sturen.

Of op z’n website kijken of daar nog wat te vinden is dat hem kan helpen. Die heeft heul veul met die dingen gedaan.

Groet uit een snikheet Pijnacker!

Sven.

PA2RU
Roepletters: PA2RU
Contacteer:

#3 Bericht door PA2RU »

Kan zijn dat de toonslot is ingeschakeld..
73 René PA2RU

pe1hzg

#4 Bericht door pe1hzg »

A condor-16 uses separate PLL's for transmit and receive. Depending on what type of Condor-16 you have (there are different types with different frequency ranges), how the radio is modified, and what kind of mixing is used (145 - 21.4 or 145 + 21.4), the receive VCO may not be in lock.

My suggestion is to tune a radio at the expected LO frequency (try them both) and see if you can detect the LO oscillator.

A Condor-16 does not have tone decode unless someone added it.

Personally I find problems in the IF circuit rare, but problems caused by incorrect re-tuning are rife. Note that while the transmitter is wideband, the receiver is not and cavities need to be adjusted. But please only do that once you are sure that this is your problem.

Does the squelch LED (yellow) light? If you operate a handheld near the radio, it should receive even if the cavities are off. Adjustment of said cavities is easiest with a test generator.

Plaats reactie